Are you prepared for this year’s tax filing deadline? Did you know that tax-exempt organizations could have their status revoked for not filing the annual Form 990? The National Council of Nonprofits will host two free webinars presented by the IRS for nonprofit organizations to learn about the resources available and answer questions about filing your IRS Form 990.
Get Ready, Get Set, Go! IRS Filing Requirements for Charitable Nonprofits
Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
• What forms are tax-exempt organizations required to file with the IRS annually?
• What information is required to be reported on the forms?
• Why your organization may need to file NOW, so that it won’t lose its tax-exempt status
• How to file complete, accurate returns to avoid IRS penalties.
There is no charge for nonprofit organizations or their board members for these webinars. Advance registration is required by February 22, 2010.
Tuesday, March 23, 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
• What trends has the IRS observed in the first season of redesigned Form 990 filing? • What mistakes are most commonly being made by nonprofits on the redesigned Form 990?
• What can a nonprofit do to streamline the filing process?
• What are the answers to frequently asked questions about completing the 990?
There is no charge for nonprofit organizations or their board members for these webinars. Advance registration is required by March 22, 2010.
Register at http://www.councilofnonprofits.org/irs-webinars.