Could your company survive a lengthy and costly employment lawsuit? Employment attorney, Dan Johns brings his years of experience and expertise to address some of the nagging issues that remain as trouble spots.
* Wrongful Discharge from Employment Act
* Overtime pay exemption
* Non-competitive clauses
* Employee handbooks
He will also address what is on the horizon for employment law.
* Notice requirements proposed by the National Labor Relations Board
* Trip wires in company policies
* Social medial and the workplace
These and other issues will be discussed to ensure that you are following the letter of the law and keeping your company out of the courtroom. Bring your questions and concerns to this session as there will be time for Questions and Answers.
To register, contact Terri Haueter at 758-6279 or here.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011, Noon to 1 pm
FVCC Arts & Technology Building, Room 139
777 Grandview, Kalispell
This month’s facilitator: Attorney Dan Johns
Facilitator: Attorney Daniel Johns of Crowley Fleck P.L.L.P. of Kalispell, MT. Mr. Johns represents and counsels employers in areas of traditional labor law, plus discrimination and sexual harassment, wrongful termination, compensation issues, and personnel policies. The Crowley law firm is the Montana member of Employment Law Alliance, and Mr. Johns is its contact attorney for this international network of labor and employment lawyers dedicated to assisting employers.
Monthly Blueprint for Business Success brown bag sessions feature business professionals facilitating informative discussions. Attend to receive relevant information, opportunities to ask questions of the professionals, and network with peers.
Who should attend? Employers interested in growing and evolving more effective organizations. Why?
* Utilizing all available resources to operate and grow makes for smart business.
* Exchanging ideas, insights, and real-world solutions directly impacts your bottom line.
* Making better decisions quickly requires more and better information.
* Engaging and energizing your staff helps make your business more successful.