Effective nonprofit leadership requires clarity of purpose, flexibility, stamina, money smarts, and the ability to inspire others to do their best work. Learn how to build and grow sustainable, effective, well-funded organizations that create real change.
Explore and discuss:
• Vision and purpose: What’s your true work?
• How leadership needs change throughout the life of an organization
• Building a board that works
• Hiring and supervising staff
• Creating a sustainable funding base
• Leadership for the long haul: time management, self-care, and succession planning
Participants will leave with the outline of a plan to sustain themselves and their organizations as well as to recruit the next generation of leaders.
October 12 – 16, 2011
Hollyhock Lifelong Learning Centre
Cortes Island, British Columbia, Canada
Cost: $545 Canadian Dollars (meals & accommodation extra) / 5 nights
presented by Andy Robinson
For more information, click here.
About the presenter
Andy Robinson has provided training and consulting support for over 15 years to nonprofits across Canada and in 47 U.S. states. He specializes in the needs of grassroots organizations working for social justice, human rights, and environmental conservation. Andy is the author of four books, including Selling Social Change and Big Gifts for Small Groups. Check out this video on Youtube.