Tamarack Grief Resource Center (TGRC) is growing. In 2011 our participant numbers increased 79% from 2010. We are expanding our team of talented professionals to help take us to the next level!
TGRC is accepting applications for a Development Specialist. This new position is set up as a short-term contract position, but could become an ongoing position for a highly successful candidate. Please forward the attached position description to anyone you know who may be interested in becoming a part of an enjoyable, meaningful, highly-productive non-profit.
Specializing in bereavement camps, Tamarack Grief Resource Center strengthens and honors individuals and families throughout their journeys with grief. Join us in fulfilling this mission.
TAMARACK GRIEF RESOURCE CENTER (TGRC)
Full Position Announcement
Job Title: Development Specialist
Reports to: Tina Barrett EdD, LCPC, Executive Director
Work Hours: Part-time, temporary contract (Approx. 20 hours/week for 3 months)
Note: The possibility of an additional contract or of the establishment of a permanent position may be a consideration after 90 days for a highly successful Development Specialist.
Summary: Specializing in bereavement camps, Tamarack Grief Resource Center honors and strengthens individuals and families throughout their journey with grief. We are seeking an excellent, highly motivated, goal oriented Development Specialist to assist with the resource development plan which will include special events, donor cultivation, corporate solicitations, grant writing, and planned giving development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are intended to illustrate typical duties; they are not intended to be all inclusive:
• Identify potential funding sources including organizations and foundations
• Develop and write grant proposals
• Procure funding for organizational needs in collaboration with Executive Director and Associate Director
• Assist with organizational fund and development goals
• Cultivate current and potential donors
• Assist with the organization, implementation, and follow-up for special events
• Coordinate communication with TGRC team to ensure accurate information in-house and out-of-house
• Attend meetings as required
• Perform other job-related duties as required
The preferred applicant for this position will present with:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of three years of demonstrated success in non-profit fund development, communications, or equivalent organizational experience
• Strong fundraising experience with examples of successful materials/plans previously developed to engage a wide range of stakeholders
• Professionalism, integrity, positive attitude, passion for TGRC mission, self-direction and the ability to work well with others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The successful candidate for the Development Specialist position will demonstrate a combination of organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to maintain confidential information; strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communication style; excellent interpersonal communication skills; the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals; strong multidisciplinary project skills; entrepreneurial and innovative approaches to planning; ability to use data systems and computer programs as needed; ability to organize time and information and work with detail; ability to prioritize effectively and follow through; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; ability to respond appropriately to high stress situations; willingness to be flexible to meet organization’s needs; ability to appreciate the roles of other team members at TGRC.
• Supervised by Executive Director
• Works closely with Associate Director who acts as organization’s fund and development lead staff
• Has frequent contact with all TGRC staff, donors, and supporters
• Has intermittent contact with TGRC program participants and volunteers
May be required to alter scheduled hours or days off as necessary to accommodate workload. Physical effort may be required to stand, walk, bend, and sit for extended periods of time, including in front of a computer screen, and to lift up to 25 pounds.
Interested applicants are asked to send the following materials to TGRC:
1. Letter of interest
3. Brief writing sample and portfolio of successful fundraising and development projects
4. Names and phone numbers of three references
A hard copy or electronic application can be forwarded to:
Tina Barrett, Executive Director
Tamarack Grief Resource Center
516 S. Orange Street
Missoula, MT. 59801
For more information about our organization, please visit our website at www.tamarackgriefresourcecenter.org.
Position: Open until filled.