TAMARACK GRIEF RESOURCE CENTER (TGRC)
Job Title: Flathead Program Coordinator (FPC)
Reports to: Tina Barrett EdD, LCPC, Executive Director
Wage: $14-16 starting pay plus benefits / Clinical Supervision for license-eligible counselors available
Work Hours: Up to 20 hours/week
Summary: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Flathead Program Coordinator will facilitate TGRC’s grief support and education programs with special focus on the Flathead Valley region. The FPC will assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of grief programs. In addition, the FPC will assist with fundraising and public relations including drafting and editing grant proposals, public speaking, and event planning. The FPC is the lead TGRC staff in the Flathead Valley acting as the liaison between TGRC and the Flathead community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serve as Liaison between Flathead-area residents and TGRC programs;
* Assist with identifying and linking grief resources in the region;
* Coordinate and/or assist with logistics for grief support and education programs;
* Facilitate groups;
* Provide community workshops;
* Help develop and implement grief programs for underserved populations;
* Provide grief consultations and counseling for bereaved individuals;
* Assist with development activities including: grant research; drafting and editing proposals; public speaking for organization including philanthropic organizations;
* Manage administrative duties including: maintenance of records and supply inventory, mailings, event logistics;
* Contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive non-profit organization;
* May oversee activities for Volunteers and Practicum/Intern Students.
The preferred applicant for this position will have completed a Master’s degree from a school of Social Work or Counseling. Master’s program graduates who are seeking supervision for clinical licensure are encouraged to apply. All applicants with interest in TGRC’s mission and programs will be considered.
The successful candidate for the Program Coordinator position will demonstrate a combination of organizational and clinical skills; the desire to learn and work in a collaborative capacity with professionals and community members; and interest and experience in working with bereaved children, teens, adults and families in both indoor and outdoor therapeutic environments. Interest and experience working with schools and diverse populations is preferred. Non-profit experience is desirable. Excellent communication skills (including verbal, written and technical) are also desirable.
Interested applicants are asked to send the following materials to TGRC:
* Letter of Interest
* Names and Phone Numbers of Three References
* Writing Sample (500 -750 words)
A hard copy or electronic application can be forwarded to:
Tamarack Grief Resource Center
516 S. Orange Street
Missoula, MT 59801
For more information about our organization, please visit our website.
Position: Open until filled. Position begins June, 2012.