Flathead Building Association:
Membership Services Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: Part-time/non-exempt avg. 20 Hours/Week with some full-time and overtime, possibly a full-time option may be available.
Patti Gregerson, Executive Director, Flathead Building Association
752-2422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
21 West Reserve, Kalispell, MT 59901
Special Note: Flexibility in scheduled hours is offered and at times is also requested –Our events such as the Home & Garden Showcase (in March) and the Parade of Homes (in September) will each require a weekend of work as the events occur during the weekend and usually some additional work time prior to each event. Our team focuses on making sure each team member has the opportunity to enjoy personal interests, family needs, vacations, and the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful seasons. As a result, we endeavor to schedule a month at a time. We want each team member to feel comfortable expressing a desired schedule while we also maintain our commitments to our members and our office.
Pay range: This position has an hourly pay of between $12 and $14 based on experience.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Job Description: Membership Services Coordinator (MSC)
The Flathead Building Association (FBA) is a place where everyone can feel welcome. We have a passion for home ownership and all things related to making a house a home. We focus on sharing our knowledge of home construction, the great skills of our builders and the wonderful products and services of our members with everyone. We develop many friendships within our industry and we cherish our shared experiences, celebrate our achievements and appreciate
The Flathead Building Association (FBA) is the principle voice of the Flathead Valley Building and Construction Community. In a spirit of cooperation and through a collective effort, our focus is to create a favorable economic environment for construction in our community. We provide leadership, resources, programs and services intended to benefit our membership and our community. The Flathead Building Association currently serves just over 200 members and is growing.
This MSC position represents and supports every facet of Flathead Building Association to our existing membership. The MSC is a service position, could be viewed as a membership concierge, and focuses on keeping Flathead Building Association running smoothly through courtesy, service and care of the membership by working in close collaboration with other team members to realize the FBA’s goals and priorities.
The successful candidate will complete the following duties:
• Assure our members receive the value in their FBA membership.
• Welcome each member and visitor to the FBA and periodically check in with each member throughout the year.
• Ensure our membership is aware of the various benefits and programs included in their membership, by preparing and processing member communications including phone calls, letters, emails, social media, visits and other communications.
• Maintain regular correspondence with individual and groups of members including assisting them to get signed up for any membership benefits that will help them, offering friendly event reminders, and identifying membership options that would benefit all or groups of our members.
• Attend to member needs at the office, on phone and through email.
• Inspire and help members expand their interest in the FBA.
• Focus on building member loyalty and FBA fans and advocates.
• Assist the Program Coordinator to implement successful and well attended community events throughout the year including Parade of Homes, Home & Garden Showcase.
• Assist, as needed, with the annual Trap Shoot, Golf Tournament and other membership gatherings such as business after hours, annual kick-off party, the spring BBQ and the Holiday party which help our members stay in touch with each other.
• Help to provide our volunteers the information and tools they need to be successful and feel a great sense of fulfillment whenever they offer us a hand.
• Protect the reputation of the FBA through integrity and strict confidentiality as needed. Strong judgment and discretion is needed in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate membership files in our membership systems, communications systems and with hard copies to help us with efficiencies and accuracy of our interactions with our members.
• Produce membership reports and correspondence for the team on specific membership programs, strategic planning, and special projects.
• Support the team to ensure smooth and consistent operations
• Maintain an atmosphere of team work and help ensure the office is open to our members and our community each day, Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm, excluding recognized holidays.
• Ensure we create an inviting and welcoming atmosphere for everyone who visits with the FBA by helping with answering phones, trafficking requests, and greeting walk-in visitors that include members and general public.
• Focus on integrity, solid ethics, and consistency.
• Keep track of and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
• Adhere to all policies and guidelines set by the Executive Director and FBA Board.
• Each team member brings great strengths and interests. Other duties may be identified that you and the Executive Director agree on to be within your job scope.
• Possibly support of bookkeeping processes may include receiving customer payments, preparing invoices and statements and financial reports.
• Administrative duties agreed on by you and the Executive Director to help everything run smoothly
• Other duties as assigned by your manager.
Required qualifications: The minimum qualifications are typically acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to four (4) or more years experience with customer service, office administration, hospitality, or a related field.
• Cares about others, both personally and professionally, and follows the core value that at the end of the day it’s not what we say or do, but how we make people feel that matters the most.
• Demonstrated customer/membership service skills and relationship development experience with a strong desire to provide superior member service.
• Appreciates that our members entrust resources to us and, as a result, always strives to exceed our own high standards for getting more done with the same or even fewer resources than before.
• Positive, hard-working, and passionate about our industry, community, and being of service to others.
• Has a welcoming, enthusiastic and optimistic attitude and believes in what we are doing and where we are going.
• Has a sense of humor, and knows that it’s good to laugh, enjoy your work, and your team while you focus on getting things done and meet deadlines.
• Appreciates being a part of a team that watches out for each other and cares for each other.
• Is comfortable working in a small collaborative team environment.
• Focuses on serving those you work with by removing obstacles and enabling them to success.
• Builds open and honest relationships with communication.
• Always acts with integrity, compassion and loyalty and is a good listener.
• Humble and is always respectful of everyone.
• Solution orientated and self motivated to help carry out mission of organization with a personable, outgoing, and professional demeanor & appearance.
• Embraces that there is always room for improvement and pursues growth and learning opportunities personally, professionally, and in our operations.
• Takes initiative when issues are noticed and collaborates with the team to address them.
• Innovative and creative, open to new ideas.
• Not afraid to make a mistake and always supports team members in taking risks too.
• Responsible, organized, pays attention to details and capable of seeing a task from start to finish.
• Possesses excellent and effective communication skills, verbally and in written form.
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office – specifically, Publisher, Excel, Word and Outlook. Has experience with websites, the internet, email, and phone systems.
Qualifications that are a plus!
• Knowledge about construction industry and/or membership organization
• Knowledge of technical writing; customer service; office management practices and procedures, business English, composition, spelling, grammar, proofreading and letter writing; and public relations
• Knowledge of the methods and techniques of database management, and office administration.
• Experience with or exposure to social media
• Some experience with accounting and/or QuickBooks
The position involves physical demands associated with travel by auto, working on a computer, communicating over the phone and in person, and light lifting and filing.