TAMARACK GRIEF RESOURCE CENTER (TGRC)
Job Title: Development and Communications Director (DCD)
Reports to: Tina Barrett EdD, LCPC, Executive Director
Wage: Starting salary, $33,280-$42,000 DOE
Work Hours: Position is full-time, non-exempt. Hours will primarily be between 9:30 AM and 5:30 PM, Mon-Fri.
Some weekend and evening hours for meetings, projects, or special events.
Summary: Specializing in bereavement camps, Tamarack Grief Resource Center honors and strengthens individuals and families throughout their journey with grief. We are seeking an excellent, highly motivated, goal oriented Development and Communications Director to strategically plan and execute TGRC’s annual fundraising plan. The Development and Communications Director will serve an integral role as part of the administrative team coordinating development activities including fundraising, grant writing, public relations, marketing, volunteers and special events working closely with the Executive Director to promote and fulfill identified needs and ongoing operations of TGRC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are intended to illustrate typical duties; they are not intended to be all inclusive:
- Donor Relationships:
- Take the lead and work closely with Executive Director to develop and implement plan for maintaining communication with donors, cultivating new relationships, acknowledgement, promotion of donors/sponsors, etc. Collaborate with staff and board to identify organization specific needs and outreach to donors to help meet identified needs.
- Oversee maintenance of database with assistance from Business Manager and provide needed reports
- Coordinate mailings and donor correspondence
- Special Events
- Coordinate event committees, logistics, volunteers, marketing, registration, post event acknowledgment
- Strategically plan and manage implementation of fundraising plan and calendar for Tamarack Grief Resource Center
- Track deadlines and coordinate timely completion of projects
- Procure funding for organizational needs in collaboration with TGRC staff and board
- Grant Writing
- Research and write grants and reports
- Identify potential funding sources including foundations and organizations
- Volunteer Documentation
- Maintain files for and communication with TGRC volunteers
- Oversee Facebook or other social network communications in collaboration with program staff
- Manage website
- Coordinate production and dissemination of informational/promotional materials including brochures, appeals, pledge forms, event posters, etc.
- Marketing / Communications
- Coordinate press releases, event announcements, community calendar listings
- Foster positive organizational visibility via television, radio and print media
Experience and Qualifications:
The preferred applicant for this position will present with:
- Education, training and experience in development and marketing activities, non-profit administration, public relations and event management. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated success in non-profit fund development and communications
- Strong fundraising experience with examples of successful materials/plans previously developed to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Proficiency in Windows-based software including MS Word, MS Excel, fundraising database software, publishing software, website management, Facebook and other social networks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professionalism, integrity, positive attitude, passion for TGRC mission, self-direction and the ability to work well with others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The successful candidate for the Development and Communications Director position will demonstrate a combination of organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to maintain confidential information; strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communication style; excellent interpersonal communication skills; the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals; strong multidisciplinary project skills; entrepreneurial and innovative approaches to planning; ability to use data systems and computer programs as needed; ability to organize time and information and work with detail; ability to prioritize effectively and follow through; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; ability to respond appropriately to high stress situations; willingness to be flexible to meet organization’s needs; ability to appreciate the roles of other team members at TGRC.
- Supervised by Executive Director
- Serve as organization’s lead staff for fundraising and development
- Work closely with Business Manager on reports, proposals, and donor documentation/appreciation
- Frequent contact with all TGRC staff, donors, and supporters
- Maintain and manage volunteer files in collaboration with program assistant and ED
- Intermittent contact with TGRC program participants
Physical effort may be required to stand, walk, bend, and sit for extended periods of time, including in front of a computer screen, and to lift up to 25 pounds. Some in-state travel may be necessary as deemed appropriate by Executive Director.
Interested applicants are asked to send the following materials to TGRC:
- Letter of Interest
- Brief writing sample and portfolio of successful fundraising and development projects
- Names and Phone Numbers of Three References
A hard copy or electronic application can be forwarded to:
Tamarack Grief Resource Center
516 S. Orange Street
Missoula, MT 59801
For more information about our organization, please visit our website at www.tamarackgriefresourcecenter.org.
Position: Open until filled.