Job Title: CACFP Assistant / Special Events/Special Projects Coordinator
Work Hours: Full Time / Split Position 2080 hours annually including occasional weekends
Wage: $10.00 per hour ~ Competitive Benefits Package
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in reading menus for compliance and accuracy
- Assist in monthly Claim process
- Conduct parent surveys and complete analysis of responses
- Provide menu evaluations
- Maintain provider file records
- Answer telephone inquiries regarding CACFP
- Send necessary forms out to program participants
- Keep accurate records of all paperwork required for program
- Support and encourage professionalism of child care providers
- Act in an advocacy role to providers as a liaison between The Nurturing Center and The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- Develop supporting resources for providers in nutrition or food safety
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Monitor CACFP participant homes as assigned
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Attend conferences and trainings as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for planning, managing and executing all aspects of Nurturing Center signature event, DreamBuilders Playhouse Raffle and Auction, in collaboration with Executive Director.
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees in order to plan scope and format of event. Coordinate and facilitate regular committee meetings. This includes hosting a special “DreamBuilders Kick-off” meeting and a “Thank You Celebration” for committee members.
- Maintain a strong planning committee. Help each committee member to find an area in which they can contribute.
- Work collaboratively with Executive Director and Finance Manager to ensure event financial accountability and success, establish and monitor budgets, manage all incoming money and outgoing raffle tickets with a safe and secure system.
- Recruit, train, schedule, supervise and complete follow-up thank you notes for all volunteers required for event. Make arrangements for Builder plaques and thank you gifts
- Assist Executive Director in negotiating and booking contracts related to event space
- Order supplies, arrange food and beverage as needed
- Oversee Builder recruitment and communication
- Assist Executive Director in development of corporate sponsors to secure sponsorships, underwriting opportunities, and assistance on all aspects of event
- Publicity and marketing planning, design & implementation, order event signs, Raffle ticket design, order and plan for sales, coordinate radio and TV spots, place advertising and playhouse winners announcement PSA
- Make arrangements for playhouse moving/delivery
- Propose and implement new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Conduct post-event evaluations in order to determine how future events could be improved
- Close out all events to include the full spectrum of on-site clean up, internal finance and guest/sponsor stewardship
- Coordinate two Annual Appeals and Event Participation
- Responsible for planning and execution of annual giving initiatives including direct mail, marketing, online direct marketing, e-fundraising
- Assist Executive director with donor cultivation, donor recognition, and donor stewardship
- Work with Office Manager to build the Annual Giving Program to acquire, retain and upgrade new and existing donors and ensure information pertaining to annual donors is maintained on database
- Responsible for managing and coordinating other outside benefits
- Develop and implement procedures and forms to assure our knowledge of and full support for benefits held for The Nurturing Center
- Monitor accountability and integrity of organizations holding benefits for The Nurturing Center
- Other duties and Special Events planning and implementation as assigned such as parades and booths.
- Coordinate communication with Volunteers.
- Ability to pass background checks
o High School Diploma
o Competent in Microsoft Office applications (including Publisher)
o Analytical skills and good judgment
o Independent and self-motivated
o Good Communication skills
Physical Demands: sitting, standing, walking, driving, lifting
Work Environment: Mostly indoors in an office environment, some travel required
Special Requirements: Some travel required. Must provide own vehicle, have a clean driving record and provide proof of vehicle liability insurance.
To apply : www.nurturingcenter.org
Job Closes September 28, 2012