GRIEF SPECIALIST INTERN
TAMARACK GRIEF RESOURCE CENTER (TGRC)
Internship Title: Grief Specialist Internship
Open to: Graduate students in Counselor Education or Social Work
Reports to: Tina Barrett, EdD, LCPC, Executive Director
Wage: None; Please Note – Stipend may be available for qualified applicants after first three months
Work Hours: 10-15 hours/week beginning Summer or Autumn 2013
Location: This position will base out of their Kalispell office. Opportunities for supervision and additional programs based out of Missoula.
Tamarack’s Mission: Specializing in bereavement camps, Tamarack Grief Resource Center strengthens and honors individuals and families throughout their journey with grief.
Summary: Under the supervision of Tamarack Grief Resource Center’s Executive Director, the Grief Specialist Intern will provide direct support to bereaved youth, adults, and families. The Grief Specialist will work closely with TGRC Flathead Program Coordinator to with development, implementation and evaluation of programs throughout the region and contribute to the overall functioning of TGRC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Clinical activities may include:
* Facilitate and/or co-facilitate grief support groups
* Collaborate with school personnel to design and implement school-based grief support groups and activities
* Provide individual and/or family counseling for adults and children
* Offer grief consultations
* Prepare and lead psycho-educational workshops
* Document sessions / maintain records
* Assist with logistics for educational seminars and special events
* Assist with mailings, dissemination of information, and fostering community awareness of grief resources/programming
* Lead children’s activities at grief camps.
Additional activities centered around non-profit organization and overall functioning may include:
* Grant research
* Drafting proposals
* Fundraising events and activities
* Public relations activities
* Database input
* General office reception, organization, filing, upkeep
The preferred applicant will be enrolled in an accredited school of Social Work or Counseling pursuing a license-eligible graduate degree. Recent graduates accumulating post-masters hours are encouraged to apply. All applicants with interest in TGRC’s mission and programs will be considered.
Skills Needed to be Successful:
The successful candidate will demonstrate a combination of organizational and clinical skills, the desire to learn and work in a collaborative capacity with professionals and community members, and interest in working with children, teens and families. The Grief Specialist Intern will ideally possess clinical experience providing counseling support to youth and adults and specialized training/experience with grief and trauma. Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and technical are also desirable.
Provision of own vehicle, clean driving record, willingness to travel throughout western Montana, will be required.
To apply, please send your letter of interest, resume, and two letters of reference to:
Intern Search / Tamarack Grief Resource Center
516 S. Orange Street
Missoula, MT 59801
For more information about their organization, please visit their website.
Open until filled.