Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: Part-time/non-exempt avg. 20 to 24 Hours/Week with some full-time and overtime, possibly a full-time option may be available.
Special Note: Flexibility in scheduled hours is offered and at times is also requested – Our focus is to have appropriate coverage during office hours. Events such as the Home & Garden Showcase (in March) and the Parade of Homes (in September) will each require a weekend of work as the events occur during the weekend and some additional work time during the weeks prior to each event. We endeavor to support our employees’ personal interests and family needs through flexible scheduling whenever possible.
Pay range: This position has an hourly pay of $10 to $12.
In addition to flexibility with scheduling, we look to support our employees around the holidays by closing the offices the weekend of Thanksgiving and the week between Christmas and New Years. We also honor other recognized holidays by closing the FBA offices.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Background on the Flathead Building Association (FBA)
The Flathead Building Association (FBA) is the principle voice of the Flathead Valley Building and Construction Community. We have a passion for home ownership and all things related to making a house a home. In a spirit of cooperation and through a collective effort, our focus is to create a favorable economic environment for construction in our community. We provide leadership, resources, programs and services intended to benefit our membership and our community. We are a professional membership organization and we focus on sharing our knowledge of home construction, the great skills of our builders and the wonderful products and services of our members with everyone. The Flathead Building Association currently serves just over 200 members and is growing.
Job Description: Programs Support Specialist (PSS)
This PSS position represents and supports every facet of Flathead Building Association and is critical to our capacity to implement our innovative and comprehensive plans. The PSS is a service position focused on being a team player to help with the FBA activities, events and programs. As a team member, the PSS’s priorities include keeping Flathead Building Association running smoothly through courtesy, service and care of the membership by working in close collaboration with other team members. This is a hands-on, fast-paced work environment in order to help FBA realize it’s ambitious goals and mission.
The successful candidate will complete the following duties:
• Help us to ensure we create an inviting and welcoming atmosphere for everyone who visits the office of the FBA or contacts the FBA by providing a high level of customer service to people who come to the office, phone us or email us.
• Assure the community is assisted by the FBA to find qualified builders, contractors and suppliers by supporting the Program Coordinator and team to implement successful and well-attended community events throughout the year including Parade of Homes, Home & Garden Showcase.
• Work may include staffing the office for walk-ins, making phone calls, sending confirmation emails, creating materials for the event, helping with site set-up/teardown, and helping to host the event.
• Assure our members realize the value in their FBA membership by assisting with our membership and industry gatherings and events such as the annual Trap Shoot, Golf Tournament, monthly membership gatherings, annual kick-off party, the spring BBQ and the Holiday party in areas such as location preparation, food, presentations, materials, RSVP’s and thank-you’s.
• Help us continue our ongoing effort to improve our offerings to our members and the community with research, idea generation, and support in developing new programs and benefits.
• Support the team to ensure smooth and consistent operations by helping us maintain up-to-date and accurate membership files in our systems, our website, and with hard copies.
• Protect the reputation of the FBA through integrity and strict confidentiality as needed. Strong judgment and discretion is needed in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
• Each team member brings great strengths and interests. Other opportunities may be identified that you and the Executive Director agree on to be within your job scope. • Adhere to all policies and guidelines set by the Executive Director and FBA Board.
• Other duties as assigned by your manager.
Required qualifications and qualities: The minimum qualifications are typically acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to four (4) or more years experience with customer service, event planning, office administration, hospitality, or a related field.
• Superior customer service and relationship development skills
• Experience in an office environment including appropriate business verbal and written communications.
• Experience working in a small collaborative team
• Success with large scope event and gathering planning while being detail oriented
• Very approachable, enthusiastic, professional, and optimistic attitude
• Has a sense of humor, and knows that it’s good to laugh and enjoy your work while you focus on getting things done and meet deadlines from start to finish
• Focus on integrity, loyalty, honesty, solid ethics, responsible, and consistency.
• Humble and is always respectful of everyone.
• Pursues growth and learning opportunities personally and professionally
• Innovative, takes initiative when solutions are needed, not afraid to make a mistake, and collaborates with the team to address needs, support other team members.
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office – specifically, Publisher, Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Experience with website content, the internet, social media, email, and phone systems.
• Physical demands associated with travel by auto, working on a computer, communicating over the phone and in person, light lifting (approx 30 lbs) and filing.
Qualifications that are a plus!
• Knowledge about construction industry and/or membership organization
• Excellent at designing and creating communications, printed materials, and promotional materials, proofreading, editing and letter writing.
• Experience with business accounting principles and/or QuickBooks software application