FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Accountable To: IT Manager
Position Status: Full Time $10.48/hr
Prepared By: Associated Employers
Revision Date: July 12, 2011
A COMPLETED Community Action Partnership of NW MT application must be received by CAPNM at 214 Main Street or PO Box 8300, Kalispell, MT 59904 no later than 5:00 pm on Thursday, July 18, 2013. Visit their website to download their application.
CAPNM is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Answer and direct all incoming calls on a multi-line phone system. Greet clients and potential clients and direct them to the appropriate individual or department. Open, distributes and processes all mail. Receive and log incoming monies and data entry (CDS) as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Initial contact with public – 85% of time
Serve as first contact for all incoming telephone calls and walk-ins. Inquire as to needs and direct to appropriate individual or department.
• Open and distribute all incoming mail, process outgoing mail – 10% of time
Sort and distribute incoming mail, prepare payroll and accounts payable checks for mailing, ensures outgoing mail has adequate postage, transport all outgoing mail to post office.
• General clerical support – 2% of time
Assist with a variety of paperwork for clients, assist departments with copying, phone calls and schedule meeting room requests for staff, clients and other agencies.
• Data entry – 2% of time
Perform data entry for Central Database System as assigned.
• Receive and log all incoming monies – 1% of time
Endorse all checks with endorsement stamp, complete duplicate receipts and retain all monies and receipts in secure location.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required
Minimum Qualifications (Experience/Education):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, certification, licensing, experience, knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One year of general office experience with extensive public contact
• Experience working with people from various socio-economic and educational backgrounds
• Multi-line switchboard experience
• Data entry experience
• Good personal computer skills including spreadsheets
• Good interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Must possess and maintain valid Montana driver’s license
• Must possess proof of and maintain current personal auto insurance
• Must be insurable under CAPNM’s auto liability per insurance carrier’s requirements
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Continuous sitting
• Some standing and walking
• Some bending, stooping and squatting
• Full use of hands and arms
• Frequent keyboard use
• Repetitive movement, especially with hands and arms
• Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 30 lbs occasionally
• Normal hearing both in conversation and with a telephone
• Frequent speaking in a clear and understandable manner
• Good close, distant and peripheral vision
• Work in a clean office with moderate noise levels sometimes in confined spaces
• Work requiring frequent attention to high detail
• Frequent deadlines
• Some travel by auto with exposure to traffic in year round weather conditions
• Some travel requiring overnight stay
• Some exposure to offensive language, angry clients and threats
• Some exposure to annoying odors
• Day shift