Sample Schedule: 12-6pm Monday-Thursday
Pay: DOE – Range $10-12/hr
Application Process: To apply please email a cover letter and detailed resume to Shareen Springer –
email@example.com by August 21 st.
Skills to highlight include: Customer Service, Collaborative, Working Environment, Detail Oriented, Self-Motivated –interest/experience in program support is a plus.
Philosophy and Mission of CRYJ: The Center for Restorative Youth Justice’s programs provide an important alternative to the tradition justice system – working one-on-one with youth and victims of juvenile crime to humanize the impacts of crime, and to reweave relationships in ways that promote true accountability, inspire connection, and increase community safety. CRYJ believes in justice and crime prevention which focuses on the people and communities harmed by crime as opposed to focusing only on what laws were broken and what fines or punishments have been imposed. Our programs create opportunities for conversations between victims, youth and community volunteers encouraging youth to take accountability for their actions and to see themselves as an important and integral part of our community. One of CRYJ’s greatest successes has been a documented impact in reducing delinquency – with less than 10% of youth participants going on to commit another crime.
Position Description: CRYJ is looking for an outgoing, customer service and team oriented individual to provide crucial support to CRYJ’s restorative programming, staff, and youth participants. The Program Assistant is a part time position – ideal for someone looking to work with a group of passion driven, close-knit staff. The Program Assistance position would be a great fit for someone looking to expand their nonprofit experience – interested specifically in learning the inner workings of youth-serving organizations while working in a collaborative and mission-oriented office. Given the nature of our work – an ideal candidate would be someone who is comfortable working closely with staff to provide high quality customer service and quality (detail-oriented) support that allows CRYJ to achieve is mission.
Position requirements include general office support (customer service, phones, Office up-keep), with an emphasis on program support and assistance. CRYJ’s Program Assistant reports directly to Program Coordinators and CRYJ’s Executive Director.
- General Office Support – Maintaining a inviting, friendly, clean and functional office space
- Customer Service – The nature of our work is to provide a safe and supportive space for youth, families, and victims. The ability to provide quality customer service as the ‘face of CRYJ’ in the office is essential.
- Program coordination & Participant tracking – Weekly tasks to track and maintain detailed records of youth participants – heavy data entry required
- Program Support – Working closely with CRYJ’s 6 staff to provide the following:
- Scheduling intakes and meetings with youth participants
- Preparing materials for meetings, trainings, and other activities
- Responding to staff requests for support as needed
- Fiscal Support & Executive Assistant – Working closely with CRYJ’s Executive Director to assist in payroll, and tracking of income/expenses – including: Entering checks/bills in registrar; Compiling timesheets/reports; Tracking donations; Assisting with grant invoicing/tracking as needed