JOB SUMMARY: The Associate Director is an employee of the Samaritan House, Inc., a non-profit homeless shelter serving the Flathead valley. This position is responsible for the administration of programs services, management of employees, and oversight of day-to-day operations. This position reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for the management of the Permanent Housing Program.
2. Responsible for the management and implementation of the Veterans Administration program.
3. Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day operations at the Shelter Facility.
4. Responsible for management of the Case Management Program.
5. Responsible for the management of shelter building staff, including employee engagement and scheduling.
6. Exercises a high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
7. Additional Responsibilities as directed by the Executive Director.
Tasks Related to Essential Functions-
1. Provide status of rentals, including Housing Quality Standards certification to Executive Director on a weekly basis.
2. Ensure oversight of programs is completed in accordance with current laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
3. Efficiently manage sources and uses of resources, including financial, facilities, equipment, and employees.
4. Ensure Case Management Program refers to mainstream and community resources designed to effectively and safely assist clients.
5. Manage employee growth and job satisfaction.
6. Ensure day-to-day operations at Shelter run efficiently and promote sustainable non-profit organization.
7. Additional tasks as directed by the Executive Director.
1. Strong inter-personal skills in dealing with homeless clients and employees.
2. Demonstrated management ability.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of homeless programs.
4. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
5. Experience in financial practice and management.
6. Keyboard/Computer proficiency. Knowledge of Word, excel spreadsheets and Homeless Management Information Systems.
7. Must possess and maintain valid Montana driver’s license.
8. Must be insurable under Samaritan House’s auto liability per insurance carrier’s requirements.
9. Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate employees
10. Demonstrated ability to define goals, execute action plans, and achieve measureable results.
1. Minimum: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Human Services Field
2. Experience working in non-profit environment, specifically social services climate.
3. Credible experience managing and leading employees.
4. Experience working with homeless people and people from various socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
5. Ability to understand financial statements.
- hearing, sight, and speech are essential to perform the duties of the position
- frequent keyboard use
- frequent repetitive movement
- frequent deadlines
- travel by auto with exposure to moving traffic in year round weather conditions
- some exposure to offensive language, angry clients, and threats
- day shift with some evening and weekend hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of person so assigned.