Glacier National Park Conservancy is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications. This is a new position within the emerging External Relations team that will handle the organization’s marketing, retail and fundraising strategies. This position reports to the CEO, and is based in the Columbia Falls, Montana office. This is a full time exempt position.
- Oversee and implement the Conservancy marketing/communications plans and strategies; markets programs, retail presence, events and oversees special communications projects as well as ongoing website maintenance.
- Work closely with CEO, Development and Retail to create and implement marketing/communications plans and strategies that build Conservancy brand awareness and increase Conservancy brand support across all revenue sources.
- Manage and elevate Conservancy brand to increase public awareness and grow/maximize Conservancy donor and retail base (measurable)
- Develop marketing/communications strategies to fully integrate Conservancy brand across all programs and platforms
- Design and create collateral for specific campaigns, (to include retail stores, direct mail/email, web elements, print collateral, social media, print advertising, etc.)
- Adhere to brand, style and messaging guidelines, identify and effectively penetrate target markets with consistent messages
- Develop and outline annual advertising and promotional plan, forecast costs, manage budget and provide updates to CEO
- Develop/maintain External Relations communications calendar of programs, fundraising, retail promotions, events, etc. that ensures strategies, resources and time maximizes greatest return to the organization per measurables
- Develop and implement communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public, business community, and donor base including print and broadcast media, enews, collateral development and placement
- Stay informed of local, national trends in marketing, fundraising, and relevant retail issues
- Develops and maintains effective relationship with print and electronic media. Ensures the organization is understood by the media and the media are interested in presenting information to the public in a manner that builds Conservancy brand support
- Work with External Relations team to ensure events are planned to engage target audience/constituency per strategic plan
- Manage production of each event ensuring all appropriate sponsorship opportunities are achieved and all details are managed in a creative, timely and cost efficient manner
- Manage use of external resources as they pertain to the marketing and communications functions (advertising agency, printers, etc.)
- Develop retail merchandising strategies by designing internal (in-stores) and external (advertising) promotions, signage and messages targeting relevant mediums/audiences to maximize retails sales
- Maintain and update web content using CMS, including creating/integrating new content as needed
- Maintain and execute strategy on various online assets including blog, facebook, twitter, etc
- Attend, and support Conservancy events
- Effectively leverage Conservancy board expertise/interest, through CEO, to elevate brand support
- Develop/report on primary campaign metrics and conversations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications/Skills and Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required or demonstrated equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, basic HTML and common Web application interfaces
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing/communications concepts, strategies, process and implementation.
- Ability to develop and execute retail marketing/promotions
- Demonstrated experience building and managing project budgets
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and measure outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and diplomacy skills
- Positive outlook and friendly demeanor
- Ability to take both initiative and direction
Glacier National Park Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
The Glacier National Park Conservancy is the philanthropic and outreach partner to Glacier National Park. The Conservancy enriches the Glacier National Park experience by providing strategic investment in preservation, education and research programs that meaningfully engage visitors and supporters, sustaining Glacier’s heritage for generations to come.
The Conservancy was established in 2013, following the merger of two respected organizations; Glacier Natural History Association, and Glacier National Park Fund. The Conservancy programs and events extend the mission internationally, from its base camp in beautiful Flathead Valley. The Conservancy operates retail bookstores within and outside the Park setting, all in support of Park programs. The Conservancy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Visit www.gnpconservancy.org for additional detail and information.
Glacier National Park preserves more than a million acres of forests, alpine meadows, lakes, rugged peaks and glacial-carved valleys in the Northern Rocky Mountains. Its diverse habitats are home to nearly 70 species of mammals including the grizzly bear, wolverine, gray wolf and lynx. The park contains more than 375 historic properties and six national historic landmarks. Over 270 species of birds visit or reside in the park. The landscape is a hiker’s paradise that is traversed by more than 740 miles of maintained trails. Glacier Park’s varied climate influences and its location at the headwaters of the Pacific, Atlantic and Hudson Bay drainages have given rise to an incredible variety of plants and animals.