Position: Program Coordinator
Full-time: FT or PT
Benefits: YES; Health (FT only)
Supervisor: Executive Director
Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley (HFHFV) seeks a full-time Program Coordinator to assist HFHFV in providing affordable housing for families and individuals living in the Flathead Valley.
Qualifications: HS degree required, AA or BA degree preferred and at least 4 years of experience working in an office setting
Requirements/ Skills: Must enjoy working with people and be energetic, team and detail oriented, self-motivated, well-organized, able to meet deadlines and able to be skilled in computer use (word, excel, power point, database). Must be able to appropriately prioritize tasks and responsibilities and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must have excellent written and speaking skills. Must be able to articulate the organizations mission, values and goals. The ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people and the ability to represent and have an understanding of our organization is necessary. Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and willingness to travel to build site or community events as needed are required.
Job Classification: Full-Time Hourly
Hours: Flexible but within 8am-6pm Monday-Friday (some Saturdays may be required)
Job responsibilities include:
• Assist in volunteer recruitment efforts and communication
• Produce written informational and educational materials for volunteer outreach
• Assist in effectively scheduling volunteers to meet the volunteer needs of construction staff
• Assist in coordinating and scheduling groups and skilled volunteers
• Interview and place volunteers for specific needs such as committee, office and special events
• Respond to individual volunteer inquiries
• Meet with construction staff weekly
• Maintain/Update volunteer, donor and contact database with records, statistics, etc.
• Assist in volunteer and donor thank yous
• Assist to develop, maintain and evaluate “regular” construction volunteer programs to retain on-going volunteers
• Assist with coordinating monthly orientations for volunteers
• Monitor and assess the need for volunteer services and suggest program improvements.
• Ensure that volunteer liability waivers are signed and filed
• Work with staff to handle any volunteer concerns or issues
• Assist in maintaining Volunteer Manual
• Assist to manage community service volunteers from local jurisdictions
• Assist to coordinate activities for youth volunteers (Boy/Girl Scouts, etc.)
• Work with sponsors to encourage volunteer opportunities and schedules
• Assist family services with general inquires and applications
• Assist family services with special events (home dedications, groundbreakings, etc.)
• Assist family services with family communication and sweat equity status
• Attend monthly chamber events and promote Habitat need for families and volunteers
• Get pictures from volunteer coordinator from ReStore and Build Site on weekly basis
• Make daily/weekly posts on Facebook/Twitter with photos
• Establish and nurture good media relationships. Maintain current media contact list
• Assist in preparing monthly newsletter for mass distribution via eblast
• Prepare for and attend community opportunities to table and promote Habitat
• Answer the phone (including retrieving voicemails), greet/direct office visitors.
• Organize and maintain all partner family and general business files
• Keep ED updated on all pertinent events and issues
• Maintain a clean, well-organized and professional work place
• Maintain office schedule with chamber and community events
• Prepare and organize mass mailers and volunteer assistance
• Oversee volunteers in the office as needed and provide feedback to ED
There will be other duties as assigned as needed. The Program Coordinator will be expected to assist with fundraising, affiliate and volunteer recognition events
Send resume, cover letter and references to Erin Falcon at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to HFHFV, 307 1st Ave E, Suite 24, Kalispell, MT 59901. A background check, including criminal records and sex offender registry, will be conducted prior to offer of employment.