Position: Volunteer Recruiter
Full-time: PT (30 hours)
Benefits: FT Only
Supervisor: Executive Director
Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley (HFHF) seeks a Part-Time Volunteer Recruiter to be responsible for Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley’s goals and strategic plans relating to volunteer engagement.
Qualifications: HS degree required, AA or BA degree preferred and at least 2 years of sales or recruitment experience
Requirements/ Skills: Must enjoy working with people and be energetic, team and detail oriented, self-motivated, well-organized, able to meet deadlines and able to be skilled in computer use (word, excel, database). Must be able to appropriately prioritize tasks and responsibilities and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must have excellent written and speaking skills. Must be able to articulate the organizations mission, values and goals. The ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people and the ability to represent and have an understanding of our organization is necessary. Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and willingness to travel to build site or community events as needed are required.
Job Classification: Part-Time Hourly
Hours: Flexible depending on build schedule but within 7am-6pm Monday-Saturday
Job responsibilities include:
- Volunteer recruitment efforts and communication; recruit, train, support, supervise, recognize
- Produce written informational and educational materials for volunteer outreach
- Effectively schedule volunteers to meet the volunteer needs of construction staff
- Coordinate and schedule groups and skilled volunteers
- Respond to individual volunteer inquiries
- Meet with construction supervisor regularly
- Assist in volunteer and donor thank yous
- Assist to develop, maintain and evaluate “regular” construction volunteer programs to retain on-going volunteers
- Monitor and assess the need for volunteer services and suggest program improvements.
- Ensure that volunteer liability waivers are signed and filed
- Work with staff to handle any volunteer concerns or issues
- Assist in maintaining Volunteer Manual
- Assist to manage community service volunteers from local jurisdictions
- Assist to coordinate activities for youth volunteers (Boy/Girl Scouts, etc.)
- Work with sponsors to encourage volunteer opportunities and schedules
- Assist family services with family sweat equity progress and recruitment
- Attend monthly chamber events and promote Habitat need for families and volunteers
- Get pictures from volunteer coordinator from Build Site on weekly basis
- Establish and nurture good media relationships.
- Prepare for and attend community opportunities to table and promote Habitat (parades, etc.)
There will be other duties as assigned as needed. The Volunteer Recruiter will be expected to assist affiliate events and special projects.
Send resume, cover letter and references to Erin Falcon at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to HFHFV, 307 1st Ave E, Suite 24, Kalispell, MT 59901. A background check, including criminal records and sex offender registry, will be conducted prior to offer of employment.
Habitat for Humanity Flathead Valley is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.