Reporting to the Board of Directors of Share Your Voice Foundation, the part-time Managing Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for SYVF’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans. This is a part-time position, with growth potential based on contributions to fundraising and revenue expansion efforts.
Founded in 2008, SYVF’s mission is to provide empowering opportunities for people to find, believe in, and share their own voice through the transformative creative process and power of the arts.
Revenues: $0 to $25k annually. Revenues to date have been generated for the execution of one core summer outreach youth program.
Growth: We are looking to expand our programming and reach in the Flathead Valley to include more programs and opportunities to incorporate opportunities for youth and adults to “share their voices” through art and performance.
For more information, please visit www.shareyourvoicefoundation.org
Leadership & Management:
• Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
• Actively engage and energize SYVF volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
• Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
• Serve as an external presence in the community and the face of the organization
Fundraising & Communications:
• Individual and business fundraising and sponsorship development
• Grant research and writing
• Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
• Build partnerships with other nonprofit organizations in The Valley, and establishing relationships with funders and political and community leaders
The Managing Director will be thoroughly committed to SYVF’s mission. All candidates should have leadership, coaching and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
• College degree is preferred
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional organization and planning skills
• Strategic thinking ability
• Desire and ability to be part of an entrepreneurial organization and drive its growth
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
• Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising ability with the ability
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Resumes with cover letters can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org